About ATHENA Grand Rapids
We empower, connect, and equip women in West Michigan to fearlessly lead and cultivate our next generation of leaders.
ATHENA, an affinity group of the Grand Rapids Chamber, provides the information, access, and connections to support the professional development of women professionals in West Michigan. The scheduled events and programs of ATHENA are built upon 8 Principles: Learning, Relationships, Celebration & Joy, Courageous Acts, Fierce Advocacy, Authentic Self, Collaboration, and Giving Back.
ATHENA Grand Rapids focuses on issues and topics relevant to women professionals at all career levels in corporations, small businesses, public and non-profit organizations within our community. The program offers the annual ATHENA Leadership Award, ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award, and ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award, scholarships to women, and leadership forums and events.
DONATE TO THE GRAND RAPIDS CHAMBER ATHENA EILEEN DEVRIES SCHOLARSHIP FUND:
ATHENA International (opens in new window) is a non-profit organization that aims to support, develop, and honor women leaders in local communities all around the world through scholarships, leadership forums, and recognizing women of excellence.
ATHENA Action Committee
As our programs and community expand, we need leaders to intentionally put our principles into action. Through the ATHENA Action Committee, we will create spaces to authentically connect and celebrate those that are fiercely advocating and leading for women in our community. The Action Committee will:
- Promote events and be intentional to invite and include new people
- Unofficially lead table discussions to ensure depth and participation at ATHENA Leadership Forums
- Actively create a strong community where people own their ATHENA power
- Participate in quarterly Uplift event to help foster ATHENA principles in our community
- Contact Summer Sharrard-Neering for more information about the ATHENA Action Committee