West Michigan CEO Council
The West Michigan CEO Council brings together a highly engaged network of business leaders committed to building a great community. Council members play a key role in the development of our shared future by making meaningful connections, participating in a forum to discuss challenging issues, and create opportunities to engage in moving things forward. The council is a natural leadership pipeline, committed to ensuring the inclusion of diverse community, government, education, and business organizations.
Our 2023 Focus: Gateway for Growth
Immigration is Good for Business and West Michigan
The West Michigan CEO Council exists to drive economic prosperity. Our long-term competitiveness is tied to talent, and a key strategy where the Council can provide leadership on is immigration.
The data is clear: New Americans in West Michigan support talent needs, wealth creation, innovation and a stronger, more prosperous future for our region.
The Gateway for Growth initiative, aligned with goal two of the Kent County Welcome Plan for New Americans and Refugees (opens in new window), focuses on maximizing the potential of New Americans. This goal seeks to harness the talent and skills of New Americans in West Michigan, promoting economic growth and enhancing the region’s diverse business landscape.
- Create more awareness of how immigration benefits West Michigan
- Contribute to both a welcoming environment and thriving economy through employment
- Assist the business community by putting resources into our own businesses
- Share and replicate the successes of other businesses – such as the Kindred program at Gordon Food Service that creates long-term employment for refugees
Creating a welcoming community and employment for New Americans and refugees is essential to the prosperity and growth of businesses in West Michigan.
- Relaunching the Michigan Immigration Compact (opens in new window)
- Updating the Economic Impact Report of New Americans (PDF opens in new window) in Kent County
- Partnering with Global Detroit (opens in new window) to expand the Global EIR and Global Talent Retention Initiative