As we close out another year, the Grand Rapids Chamber is looking forward to continuing to create great with our members and the Grand Rapids business community. As we reflect upon 2021 and look ahead to the future, our team has put together a packed calendar of events to help business relationships thrive, with over 160 engaging events and programs slotted for 2022.
For a preview of our upcoming events, check out our 2022 program overview, or read some highlights, below!
Most of the staple Chamber events you know and love are returning in 2022, including our signature events: the 134th Annual Meeting, the Health Care & Human Resources Summit, the West Michigan CEO Summit, the 33rd Annual ATHENA Awards Celebration, the EPIC Awards Gala, and the Diversity & Talent Summit. 2022 also marks the 50th year of The Chamber Open, our annual golf outing and one of the most popular networking events on our calendar.
New this year, we are also adding the Grand Rapids Policy Conference to our lineup of signature events. Presented in August, this event will provide a platform to celebrate and discuss Grand Rapids’ bright future. National and local thought leaders will share insight on Grand Rapids’ resilience and ability to tackle the problems and challenges ahead to create and thriving and prosperous West Michigan for all.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion:
From neighborhood storefronts to global enterprises, implementing solutions to create more inclusive environments for employees and consumers will position businesses to strategically navigate the ever-changing marketplace long-term. A diverse and inclusive company culture helps companies attract great people and create an ideal environment for the entire workforce.
The Grand Rapids Chamber is pleased to provide programs and services to help businesses employ a strategic approach to this work. Our new EDI programs are designed to help foster leadership and talent development among diverse teams.
- Becoming a Culturally Intelligent Leader is a three-part cohort that goes beyond cultural awareness by utilizing peer-reviewed research and recognized methods to build an individual’s cultural intelligence, learn how to use CQ to counter and mitigate unintentional bias, and how to implement CQ into your work as a leader of multicultural teams and customers.
- Virtual Inclusion Solutions: Our team is committed to walking alongside you wherever you are in your DEI journey. Designed for DEI practitioners, leaders, and HR professionals, our virtual Inclusion Solutions events will provide peer connections, conversations, and best practices as we facilitate the management of change and implementation of new strategies.
Many of the classic business services events will return in 2022, including the Business Exchange Luncheon and Chamber After Hours. In addition, we are pleased to bring back some old favorites with a new twist: Business Growth Series, Chamber 101, and Fitness Fest.
- In 2022, the Business Growth Series will be presented as a cohort-based program. With 4 sessions offered in the spring, the series brings participants together to discuss a variety of relevant and highly sought-after business topics presented by subject matter experts. Workshop-style sessions help develop leadership teams and support scaling business.
- Chamber 101 is designed for members looking to begin, continue or further their involvement with the Chamber. Chamber 101 allows members to learn about the different Chamber offerings and how to start getting involved to make the most of your membership.
- Returning for its second year, Fitness Fest will include dozens of local gyms and fitness entrepreneurs. A weekend pass will provide unlimited access to all events, including group exercise classes throughout the city.
Your Grand Rapids Chamber has made it a top priority to tackle the current talent crisis facing our region. In 2022, our team of talent experts is dedicated to attracting, retaining, and building up the best talent Grand Rapids has to offer by keeping a pulse on the intricate needs of the business community. With new program offerings and expanded accessibility to cohorts, check out how your Chamber is creating great leaders and starting 2022 off strong.
At the Grand Rapids Chamber, there are no two programs that are exactly the same. By intentionally curating classes that cross sector groups that wouldn’t normally interact, these programs help develop unique relationships and experiences that can be life-changing.
As our region becomes increasingly diverse, your Chamber has made a commitment to serving individuals from all walks of life. By cultivating leaders of different industries, experience levels, languages and specialties, we’re committed to establishing new talent and making your team stronger than ever.
Check out our events calendar to see what’s coming up!