Your Grand Rapids Chamber has made it a top priority to tackle the current talent crisis facing our region. In 2022, our team of talent experts is dedicated to attracting, retaining, and building up the best talent Grand Rapids has to offer by keeping a pulse on the intricate needs of the business community. With new program offerings and expanded accessibility to cohorts, here’s how your Chamber is creating great leaders and starting 2022 off strong.
Three New Talent Programs in 2022
With three brand new programs in 2022, your Chamber is making sure Grand Rapids is a welcoming region to all. Two of these three new programs will be delivered entirely in Spanish to help foster leadership and talent development among Spanish-speaking professionals. The third program will facilitate the relocation of professionals who aren’t familiar with West Michigan and integrate them into the vibrant culture of Grand Rapids on an overnight retreat.
- Adelante Grand Rapids is a leadership program exclusively for Hispanic business owners delivered in Spanish. The program focuses on systems and emphasizes peer-to-peer relationships. Through the program, Hispanic business owners will have stronger voices as entrepreneurs, greater knowledge in navigating systems, and a strengthened business lens.
- Latina Connect is a new program that meets our Latina business professionals and community members where they are. Presented in Spanish, Latina Connect works to support Latinas in making new connections and growing as leaders.
- Grand Rapids Connect is geared toward professionals new to the city, boomerangs returning home or individuals looking to further engage with the community. The program includes an overnight stay downtown Grand Rapids and provides insight into the city’s latest and greatest developments. Participants will hear from some of the most dynamic leaders and individuals shaping the city’s future. Throughout the event, participants will explore our community, learn about social and community engagement opportunities, and delve into how to connect in Grand Rapids.
Expanding Our Current Program Offerings
A number of existing talent programs will also be expanded in 2022 to offer more availability for West Michigan professionals. Despite COVID-19’s ever-changing plans, these cohorts both started off strong in 2021 and are quickly growing momentum.
- Adding a new cohort of Speak With Purpose – A public speaking and communication program, Speak With Purpose started off strong in its first year. In 2021, we offered two cohorts led by the phenomenal Dr. D.F. Arnold and helped participants learn how to share their unique stories. In 2022, the Chamber is excited to offer an additional cohort, expanding our reach within the Grand Rapids community and building up new leaders.
- LeadUp, but in Spanish – LeadUp was a new program in 2021, teaching managerial skills to recently-promoted or soon-to-be managers with limited experience as leaders. This program was custom built for our team and had a great launch in 2021! As we look forward to 2022, the Chamber is excited to offer a new cohort of this program to the Spanish-speaking community and delivering this specialized program to an entirely different network.
Increasing Accessibility to All
At the Grand Rapids Chamber, there are no two cohort programs that are exactly the same. By intentionally curating classes that cross sector groups that wouldn’t normally interact, these programs help develop unique relationships and experiences that can be life-changing.
As our region becomes increasingly diverse, your Chamber has made a commitment to serving individuals from all walks of life. By cultivating leaders of different industries, experience levels, languages and specialties, we’re committed to establishing new talent and making your team stronger than ever.
Learn about these programs and more on our 2022 program overview!